14 April 2008

Rationalism Vs Emotionalism

Lately I've been in a confuse state of mind. I am feeling torn between rationalism and emotionalism, the more I tried to strike a balance between both, the more devastating I feel inside me. Having to go through the state to sort out my thoughts and to evaluate my feelings with rational and calculative reasons is really tormenting. And worst, I feel I didn't get an answer out of it, instead I'm entangled into more complex thoughts and feelings.

Many times, we said "Follow your heart" to each other as a gesture to show encouraging support for making a decision. So, does it mean that when you reached a crossed road and didn't know which way to turn to, you trust your heart to lead the way? Or do you need to evaluate the situation of the environment, and to decide on which way to turn based on the possibilities you calculated? It is true that to spend some time ponder over and measuring the risk factors would help?

It's funny that even though the rational facts are showing some signs; our emotions get the better of our heart and once again, we got into the same old game of wanting to rationalise the situation and also to convince our heart to agree.

Perhaps we would learn and grow through the process; not the decision we made ultimately.

walking away...