10 March 2008

Beautiful Peoples



I love people watching, especially on the busy Orchard Road. I cannot resist to steal a glimpse on pretty peoples who are walking pass me. Yes, I agree it's kinda shallow in some sense. But honestly, my eyes are drawn to beauty and I respect beauty.

Some years back, a friend of mine was very keen to work in the advertising industry, and so I helped her out to contact a friend in an advertising firm to check if there was a vacancy. My friend was told to go for an interview, she went. After that, I called my friend in the advertising firm to check if my girl friend could get the position. My friend told me very frankly that he couldn't hire my girl friend, not because she was not qualified, but because "she is too pretty!" Haha...that was hysterical, could you believe it? The reason he gave me was because the candidate would be reporting to the manager "who was a plump and jealous lady", and he could predict that if my girl friend would to work under her, my girl friend would have a hard time and would eventually quit.

How do you define "Beautiful Peoples"? Beside appearance, do you read the heart as well? At "first impression", we read someone base on the appearance at the beginning, and eventually we read the heart by our continual experience with that person...eventually we sum up whether by our definition (or measurement), this person is beautiful or not.

So, beautiful peoples are not always fake because they wear "make-up" or so, they could have a beautiful heart as well...if you take a little time to find out...

Jealousy kills beauty; it fails to admire the beauty around as well as the inner beauty within...

Cheers to all Beautiful Peoples!

walking away...