26 June 2007

Gallivanting

Today I went gallivanting around town and also went to run some errands. It was hot and sunny outside, thanks goodness I brought my shade.

I took Sarah's recommendation, went to do my haircut at a salon, Kochimaya at Amara Hotel Shopping Mall. My haircut turned out to be satisfactorily; I like the cut and It was really value for money cos it only cost me 10 bucks! Good deal!

Then later, I went to meet wy at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. We walked to National Museum to watch the exhibit "A Banquet in Stone". It was an exhibit of hand-carved stones in Chinese-Mongolian dishes. They were skillfully carved, and colors were intelligently used. Those "stones" looked exactly like food..especially the abalone, it looked so real....then my stomach started to "calling" me while I was admiring the dishes there.

Afterwhich, wy and I walked to Burlington square cos we wanted to check on the donuts (another donut outlet)...but BOO! the shop closes on every Tuesday! Disappointed, we walked up to Prinsep Street and out of sudden I thought of bean curl..and so I brought wy to try out the Rocher bean curl...yummy!...both of us were really satisfied. Next, we went on a window shopping spree at Bugis...took our tea break at Hans at the National Library. After a short chat, we walked down to Raffles City and I bought my eye serum and hair conditioner from Food Skin...my beauty regime (*Blush). We went to peep into Birkenstock shop...I saw a pair of Birk... it costs about $259...though there were 30% discount...but it still cost around $180...wow!!!


Took a pic of the beach last week on one of the cycling regime....pure serenity


Had this spicy hot tom yam soup last Sunday after Mass...shiok!